Monday, September 29, 2014

Finding Solutions!

There were many deep fried leftovers in the house since none of us were able to finish our plates.  I really was drawing a blank on what to do with them since left over fried food is often greasier than it was when it was freshly made.  Then it came to me.

Meatloaf.  I took the seitan nuggets, mushrooms, cauliflower, and onions and dropped them into the food processor.  Once they were "meaty", I added some oats, ketchup, bbq sauce and a few spices to perk it up and soak up some of the oil.  I glazed it with a bbq and mustard sauce and baked until it was beginning to brown.  It can out really well, help up together perfectly and tasted great!


It is really nice to stumble on something great off the end of something questionable.

No comments: